Sunday, November 11, 2012

How'd I do?

So as I have said I am a police officer working as a patrol sergeant, have been for just about 20 years.  During that time I have worked nearly every single weekend and probably 90% of all holidays.  Sure I got the occassional christmas or Thanksgiving off, but all of those three day weekends that  everyone else got never meant anything to me.  Well lo and behold here I am on a 3 day weekend!

Growing up I spent a lot of time in southeastern Oklahoma, particulary Coalgate.  Most of my family is either dead or moved away from the area.  Yesterday I took the day and drove to Ada, Coalgate, and finally sulphur.  The part of Oklahoma I live in is rather featureless, but the whole state is not like that.  Particularly the eastern part of the state.  So I took some time and stopped for some photos.

I'm trying to become a better photographer.  I use that term loosely.  I only have a a little Kodak pocket camera.  I'm going to post a few photos to share with you.  I hope you enjoy.





and BTW: I would like to hear anyone with any experience comment on the composition of any or all of these.  I'm trying to learn to use Picassa, but having a tough go of it.  Would something look better in B&W or sepia or anything?  Please mention in the comments and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment