Wednesday, November 7, 2012

So glad to see America speak clearly on election night.  I was worried, I'll admit, but it seems the best man available (not THE best) pulled it out.  I'm happy, considering the alternative, to call Barack Obama my president for the next four years.  I am not hopeful things will change in Washington as far as the way they do business, but hopefully we can move
I hope to see taxes going down on me, squarely in the middle class, and to see health care moving forward.  I think the economy is going to turn, especially if republicans will back off of their strategy of only making the president fail.  

And BTW: If I could wave a magic wand over our government I think it would be to change the face of our government's committees involving science and technology.  Todd Akin is gone, which makes me question my doubts about god's existence.  But we still have house science and technology member; Georgia congressman Paul Broun. How much damage does it do to our economy to raise our children in a society that questions scientific fact?  No wonder we fall behind in the world with our educational system infected with this kind of nonsense.  I leave you with the words of Bill Nye the Science Guy



No comments:

Post a Comment